20 – 21 January 2020, Tūranga-nui-a-kiwa
Te Reo Māori script workshops are essential to producing quality te reo Māori films rooted in Māori culture, with a Māori world-view and in a Māori voice. Ngā Aho Whakaari are running a two day Script Writers Workshop in Tūranga-nui-a-Kiwa (Gisborne) for Writers of Māori stories in both Te Reo Māori and Te Reo Pākeha.
Facilitated by Tearepa Kahi (Ngāti Paoa, Ngāti Hine) Writer/Director Mt Zion 2013, Poi E: The Story of Our Song 2013, Herbs -Songs of Freedom 2019 and Kath Akuhata-Brown (Ngāti Porou) writer, director, producer, former NZ Film Commission development executive and television documentarian.
There are 20 spaces available so please register and include details about yourself and have them into us by midday 20 December, 2019. Late registrations will be accepted up to January 12th 2020 or until the workshop is full.
Applications to include the following:
- Ko wai koe? A short biography of the screenwriter
- A one-pager of the project (must have a script in development)
- Contact details for the applicant incl. contact phone number, email, iwi
It would be advantageous to attend this workshop with a project already in development. They will be given priority.
By registering for this workshop you will either be a member of NAW or you accept that you will become a member of NAW because of your registration.
What: Tairāwhiti Script Writers Workshop – for writers of Māori stories in Te Reo Māori and English – must have a project in development i.e. must have a story in development.
When: Monday, Tuesday 20 & 21st January, 2020 0900 – 1600. Lunch provided
Where: Te Wānanga o Aotearoa ki Whirikoka, 630 Childers Road, Te Hapara, Gisborne
Cost: $20 per day = $40 for both days. (You will be given an account to deposit the money into once your registration has been confirmed).
All applications and queries to be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for first applications: Midday. 20 December 2020. Late applications will be accepted up to January 12th, 2020 or until the workshop is full .
Register Now: email@example.com
- Writers Name
- Contact details
- Iwi (or nationality)
- Craft experience
- The writer is the rights holder. Whether the work is original, an adaptation or based on other source material the writer must hold and maintain the rights in the work when entering.
- Apply only once
- Registrations must be in by midday, Friday 20 December, 2019. Late registrations will be accepted up to January 12th 2020 or until the workshop is full.
- Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 243 2731