Ngā Aho Whakaari are offering a grant of $15,000 to new or emerging filmmakers to make a short film.Filmmakers may have some experience, or they may be new to the screen industry. Your application will be based on having a great script. Note priority given to Te Reo Māori short film script. You must be prepared to dive deep into the story!
DEADLINE: Midday, January 13th, 2020.
Your application will be assessed against the following criteria:
- quality of the script – it’s a great script, right?
- te reo Māori scripts given priority
- the idea and strength of the project
- point of difference;
- directors voice/vision;
- filmmaking talent involved;and
- ability to deliver the project
- ready to film before the end of March, 2020.
What to provide
Your Aho Shorts application will include the following sections:
- Story: genre, logline, synopsis, script, writer’s notes;
- Vision: director’s vision, director’s treatment,
- Producer: producer’s statement
- (Note: Health and Safety plan, A marketing plan, festival strategy, schedule overview will be required at a later stage if we see your script has promise);
- Budget: budget, budget notes
- Team: key people’s bios, mentors and support.
- You must hold or share intellectual property rights in relation to your project. (Chain of Title).
DEADLINE: JANUARY 13th at midday.
Please send application / enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
It would be advisable to attend the following workshops:
Tairāwhiti Screenwriters Workshop (short film) with Tearepa Kahi & Kath Akuhata-Brown. Jan 20 – 21st., 2020. Gisborne.
Screenwriters Workshop (feature film) with Michael Bennett. Feb 16th 2020 Auckland